Tuesday, 27 March 2018

Writing

We have been learning how to show our reader where our writing is set without telling them where it is. To do this we describe what we can see, what we can hear and how it feels to be in this setting. 
Can you guess where Annelise is?

When I walk into the room full of wonder I see the wall full of art and books as high as the sky. There are computers with millions of work on them, there’s long wormy tables and small stubby tables. Lots of people that fill the room and many new faces to see with smiles as bright as a star. Chatting and quiet is what I hear, it feels calm and relaxing or pressure and effort. Equation's, words, reading and more, it’s a whole new world with adventures and magic, new lives, new worlds, and new experiences.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annelise, I loved your description of your setting. At first I thought it was a library because of the books and adventures and magic. But then I realised that there was much more than just reading going on in your room - there was also art, maths, computers and lots of happy people listening and sharing ideas. So I guessed you were in your classroom!! What a wonderful classroom you have described. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.